Balsamic Glazed Chicken & Berries on Arugula with Parmesan
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
20-24 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs (field gate)
To taste salt & pepper
¼ cup balsamic dressing (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt)
3 cups arugula, loose
1 cup strawberries
¼ cup lactose-free parmesan, shredded, 1/2 cup (60g)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Marinate the Chicken Thighs
• Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and slash each crosswise at ¾-inch intervals down to the bone. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, dried rosemary and half of the Balsamic Dressing. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, mince the garlic.
• Rinse the arugula.
• Rinse and chop the berries (if using strawberries).
• Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded.
Roast the Chicken
• Transfer the chicken and marinade to the baking sheet and bake until the skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
• The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink.
• Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Toast the Garlic Bread
• If using dinner rolls, slice in half.
• While the chicken is roasting, brush one side of each slice of bread with ½ tbsp. olive oil and top with the minced garlic.
• Place the bread directly on the oven rack (or you can add it to the baking sheet with the chicken).
• Toast until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the arugula between two plates and top with chicken and berries.
• Drizzle with the remaining Balsamic Dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with garlic bread!