Baked Salmon Cakes & Spicy Steamed Broccoli
8 ounces salmon fillet
2 tablespoons soy mayonnaise
1 half-dozen small flock's delight (medium) eggs
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1 tablespoons kozlik's double c (dijon classique) mustard
1 tablespoon capers
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oilShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Cut the sweet potato into 1-inch cubes and add them to the pot. Cook until just fork tender, about 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, dice the green onion, chop the parsley and capers, and grate 1 tbsp. of lemon zest. Combine in a bowl with mayonnaise, egg, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, hot sauce, dijon, paprika and salmon.
3. Once the sweet potato is cooked, add to the bowl and mash the mixture together. Form into 8 patties using your hands and breadthem in the remaining 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs. Grease a baking sheet with 1tbsp. olive oil and place the patties on top. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes. Finally, turn on the broiler and broil patties for 2 minutes.
4. Chop the broccoli into florets. Bring 1/3 cup water to simmer in a medium pot and add the broccoli. Cover and let steam for 4 minutes.
5. In the meantime, mince the garlic. Combine with 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Once the broccoli is done, drain the excess water, and pour the oil mixture over top, tossing to coat. Remove the pot from heat and add the vinegar. Serve warm with the salmon cakes.