Avocado Tempeh BLT with Tomato & Cheeze
- Large bowl
- Large pan
2 tbsp. lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, sea salt, apple cider vinegar)
1 tbsp. essential spice mix (cumin, coriander, garlic powder)
1 head romaine lettuce heart, 1 head
1 field tomatoes
4 slices flax sliced loaf
2 tbsp. vegan cheeze sauce
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Make the Tempeh
- Pour the Lemon-Maple Dressing and Essential Spice. Mix into a large bowl.
- Cut the tempeh into 8 strips and add it to the bowl, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the tempeh and cook until crisp and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 8 minutes or so. Transfer to a plate and rinse the pan.
Assemble the Salad
- Cut the root off of the romaine lettuce. Rinse and dry the leaves, and roughly chop them.
- Rinse your large bowl. Add ¾ of the romaine leaves to the bowl and set the remainder aside.
- Add the Sea-Zar Serenity. Toss to combine.
Prepare the Sandwich Components
- Rinse and slice the tomato.
- Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
- Place the same large pan used earlier over medium heat.
- Add 2 slices of bread and lightly toast for about 1 minute. Repeat for the remaining 2 slices.
Bring It All Together
- Assemble your BLTs! Spread a layer of Dijon mustard and Vegan Cheeze Sauce onto a slice of toast and top with sliced tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the tempeh, avocado, and a few slices of reserved romaine lettuce.
- Top the sandwich with another slice of toast and insert a toothpick to hold it together, if desired.
- Repeat for the remaining sandwich. Serve with Sea-Zar-dressed lettuce on the side!