Autumn Root Slaw
Crisp, fresh celery root adds a punch to this easy carrot slaw. The lemony dill dressing works well with the sweetness of the carrots. For a hit of heat, try adding radish; to sweeten the salad, add some grated apple. This salad would work well with a roast, salmon, or a hearty soup.
1 celery root, peeled, cut in hal
1/4 cup pure lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
0 optional: 1/2 cup grated apple or radish; walnuts; dried raisins or cranberriesShop this recipe
1. Julienne carrots and celery root into matchsticks. The thickness of the matchsticks is up to you, anywhere from 1/8” to 1/4 “ widths would work well. This can be done by hand or using a mandolin. **
2. Mix lemon juice, olive oil, dill, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl.
3. Add the julienned carrots and celery root, toss.
4. Add your optional ingredients – any or all! Toss to combine.
5. Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve.
** If you’re in a hurry, then you can grate the carrots and celery root on a box grater or, rather than julienne them.