Asparagus Omelettes with Parmesan Toast & Spring Salad
- Cheese grater
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
1/4 cup lactose-free parmesan, shredded, 1/2 cup (60g)
1/2 lb asparagus
6 oz. peas, snap
1 green onions, mex
to taste salt & pepper
2 slices flax sliced loaf
2 tbsp. sunshine dressing (honey, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger, sea salt)Shop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded.
- Rinse the asparagus and trim ½-inch from the base. Cut the remaining spear into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse the peas, radishes, and salad greens, and green onion.
- De-shell the peas. Slice the radishes and green onion.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, whisk with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sauté the Veggies
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and peas and sauté until tender-crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer the veggies to the medium bowl with the eggs, stirring to combine.
Cook the Omelettes
- Return the pan to the element. Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, rotating to evenly coat the pan.
- Pour half of the egg/veggie mixture into the pan and let cook, undisturbed, for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip half of the omelette onto the other half. Cook until the bottom is golden-brown and the egg is fully cooked (no longer runny), 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the omelette and cook the other side until golden-brown, about another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the second omelette.
Make the Toast
- In the meantime, place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the toasts with Parmesan and bake in the oven until your desired crispiness is achieved. You can place the omelettes on the baking sheet to keep them warm, if desired.
- Cut each piece of toast in half diagonally when done.
Bring It All Together
- Combine the salad greens and radishes in a large bowl.Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and the Sunshine Dressing, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Evenly divide the omelettes and toasts between two plates and serve with spring salad on the side!