Apple Grilled Cheese with Roasted Tomato Soup
- Baking sheet
- Blender/food processor
- Large bowl
- Small pot
- Large pan
2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp. de-shelled walnuts
1 apple, sunrise
To taste salt & pepper
1 cup waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Mince the garlic.
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
• Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts.
• Shred the cheddar cheese using a grater.
• Rinse and thinly slice the apple.
• Rinse the arugula.
Start the Soup
• Combine the garlic, grape tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, the dried basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Pour onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
Prepare the Sandwiches
• In the meantime, assemble the sandwiches.
• Sprinkle half of the cheddar over two slices of bread.
• Top with: dried cranberries, walnuts, apple, arugula, the remaining cheddar and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
• Place a second slice of bread on top.
Finish the Soup
• In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted tomatoes, 1 cup of water, the vegetable broth powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
• Transfer to a small pot over medium heat and cook until it reaches your desired temperature, about 5-10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Carefully add the sandwiches and grill until the cheese starts to melt and the pan-side bread is golden-brown, about 3-4 minutes.
• Carefully flip and repeat on the other side.
• Remove from the pan and cut on a diagonal.
• Serve with some roasted tomato soup on the side