Andres’ Lemon Salmon with Turmeric & Broccoli Salad
- Small pot
- Medium bowl
- Medium pot
1 jalapeno peppers
6-8 oz wild salmon fillet (6oz)
1/4 cup cornmeal
3 tbsp biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup turmeric vinaigrette (orange juice, red wine vinegar, turmeric)
1/4 cup water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the ingredients
- Using the fine side of a grater, grate (“zest”) the lemon peel until you have about 1 TBSP. of zest. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
- Rinse the jalapeno. Gently cut the top and sides off, trying to get any long strands. Discard the seeds and center, unless you like it spicy.
- Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Rinse and thinly slice the radishes. Mince the garlic.
Coat the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel.
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the fish and toss to coat.
- Pour the cornmeal onto a plate. Add the fish and flip to fully coat both slides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the salmon
- Heat 1 TBSP. olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the coated fish and cook until the cornmeal is browned and crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a place and sprinkle with half the lemon juice.
- Return the pot to the element and add the jalapeno, red wine vinegar, remaining lemon juice and zest, and half of the garlic.
- Cook until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Then pour the sauce into the small bowl used earlier for lemon juice.
Make the turmeric broccoli salad
- Return the pot to the element over medium heat. Add the broccoli, remaining garlic, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has evaporated and the broccoli is fork tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain broccoli.
- Add the turmeric vinaigrette and stir to coat.