Ancho Beef Chili Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Medium pot
9-10 ounces organic lean ground beef
1 tablespoon natural cocoa powder
125 millilitres ancho chile sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mfShop this recipe
Preheat Oven & Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Rinse potatoes and pat dry.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Make the Beef Chili
- In a medium pot on medium-high, add ½ tbsp. olive oil. Add the ground beef and leave for 3-4 minutes, until starting to brown, then flip and break apart any larger pieces.
- Rinse and dice the bell pepper. Add it to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the red kidney beans in a colander.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the pot and mix well to combine. Stir in the kidney beans and ancho chili sauce. Thin out the mixture with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Chili should be thick.
Bring It All Together
- Dice the green onion and chop the cilantro.
- When the chili is done and the potatoes have cooled, slice a slit down the middle of each potato. Open them up and spoon half of the chili into each potato. Top with sour cream, cilantro and green onion!