Dive into the exciting world of fermented foods with a nutritional heavyweight, sauerkraut!
Join Fresh City as we explore the fascinating world of fermented foods with nutritionist and cookbook author Deirdre Buryk. In this session, Dee will focus on sauerkraut, a type of fermented cabbage with a distinct sour flavour. Learn how this fermented powerhouse can help support your gut health and help reduce food waste in the kitchen. Cook along with Dee and you’ll have your own jar of homemade sauerkraut by the end of the session!
Dee will discuss:
- The basics of fermentation
- Why fermented foods are beneficial to our health
- How fermenting can help reduce food waste in the kitchen
- How to prepare sauerkraut
- Q&A with our expert
Deirdre Buryk’s book, Peak Season, will be published by Appetite by Random House in May 2022. Click here for more details!
- One head of cabbage
- Salt, such as Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- One large bowl
- One glass jar, such as a 1L mason jar