Fresh City's 7th annual season launch event is here and you're invited! Please bring a picnic blanket and join us at our farm in Downsview Park on Sunday, June 25th from 12:00-4:00pm. Please RSVP below!
Shop Our Makers' Market (12pm - 4pm)
Meet Our Makers! Grab some drinks and grub for your picnic from some of Toronto/Ontario's best makers. Please bring cash and note that this event is outdoors and not close to an ATM.
- Local craft beer from Beau's All Natural Brewery
- Biodynamic, organic VQA wine from Southbrook Vineyards
- Cold-pressed juices from Toronto-based ELXR Juice Lab
- Sandwiches (vegan & organic chicken) from Urban Acorn Catering
- Direct trade teas & iced teas from Genuine Tea
- Socially just coffee and chocolate from ChocoSol Traders
- Fresh baked bread from Toronto-based Prairie Boy
- Artisanal Ontario gouda-style cheeses from Blyth Farm
- Pickles on a stick, deep fried pickles & pickle + grilled cheese on a stick! from Mighty Fine Brine
- Dry soup mixes (in a jar!) from Caledon's Soup Girl
- Frozen brownie pops & other delicious treats from Shockingly Healthy
FREE farm & greenhouse tours (12pm - 4pm)
Come see a working farm in the city! Fresh City staff and farmers will take you on a 20-minute tour of our greenhouse and outdoor plots. Tours start every half hour (e.g. 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30).
Nature crafts (12pm - 4pm)
A great activity for kids and the young at heart! Join Downsview Park as we explore and play with the sights, shapes, and textures of nature.
DIY screen printing (12pm - 4pm)
Did you see the snazzy tees we made at our staff retreat this year?? We're bringing our screens to Open Farm so you can get in on the delicious pun action!
Cost: $3 if you bring your own shirt or $10 to purchase a recycled tee (while quantities last)
Musical performance by Merival (12:45pm - 1:45pm)
Tallgrass Project Tours (1:00pm - 1:45pm & 2:15pm - 3:00pm)
Did you know? An estimated 3% of Ontario’s Tallgrass habitat is all that remains of this vanishing ecosystem. Join Downsview for a tour of their Tallgrass Project highlighting the importance of biodiversity and habitat preservation.
Farm Flow Yoga (2:00pm - 3:00pm)
Join Dee Buryk, Fresh City's in-house nutritionist and founder of Growing Goddesses, for an outdoor yoga class on the farm! Breathe deeply in the fresh, open air and connect with nature. Open to all levels (kids welcome) - please bring a yoga mat and water bottle.