Join Fresh City as we explore the wonderful world of winter produce!
Have you ever wondered how produce is grown, harvested and stored as the weather gets cold? What are the best fruits and vegetables to eat and cook with during the winter months?
On Wednesday, November 24th, join Deirdre Buryk (Recipe Developer, Food Writer, and Nutritionist, Fresh City) and Jeremy Stojan (Farm Manager, Fresh City) as they explore the wonderful world of winter produce!
Deirdre and Jeremy will discuss:
- How the farm functions in late fall/early winter -- growing, harvesting, and storing produce for the winter months
- What's in season during this time period
- What gets harvested before/after frost
- How to select and store winter produce at home
- How to work with winter produce and pair flavours in new ways