October 11th, 2011 You can throw this all-raw salsa together in just 10 minutes! Because it's made with tomatillos rather than tomatoes, it's less sweet and more refreshing than the more familiar red salsa. Enjoy it with corn chips, nachos, burritos, or scrambled eggs. It’s also delicious with grilled chicken or beef. Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound small fresh tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1-2 jalepenos (to taste; without seeds), roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- Roughly chop the tomatillos and the jalepeno.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatillos, jalepeno, cilantro and 1/4 cup water.
- Process to a coarse puree, then scrape into a serving dish.
- Rinse the onion under cold water, then shake to remove excess moisture. Stir into the salsa and season with salt, usually a generous 1/4 teaspoon.