Roasted Bok Choy with Radish and Lemon
September 26th, 2011 Try this different take on bok choy: rather than the typical Asian preperation (with ginger, garlic, and soy sauce), this recipe takes a slightly French approach with lemon and tarragon. The subtle mustard flavour of bok choy and the spiciness of radishes are complimented by the citrusy herb dressing, producing a light side dish that would be perfect alongside fish, chicken, or tofu. Ingredients:
- 1 head bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2-3 radishes, trimed and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss bok choy, radishes, oil, garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- Roast on lowest rack, stirring twice, until wilted and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice, tarragon, rice wine vinegar, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the roasted bok choy.