Recipe of the Week: Roasted Tomatillos and Green Olive Salsa
A twist on the typical tomatillo salsa, the green olives lend a salty sourness to the tomatillo.
Makes half a cup.
- 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.5-1 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup green olives
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- pinch salt
3 tablespoons water
* substitute half a serrano pepper for the jalapeno peppers if you like more heat
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Spread tomatillos, garlic cloves and jalapeno on baking sheet and coat evenly with oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatillos are browned and blistered.
- Remove from oven and place in a food processor or blender with olives, cilantro, lime and sugar. Pulse 5-7 times. Add water and pulse another 4-5 times to mix.
- Place in bowl and serve with chips or as a topping on eggs, chicken or meat.