Recipe of the Week: Maple Balsamic Glazed Rainbow Carrots
A great make-ahead (and portable) Thanksgiving side-dish!
- 1 bunch carrots, washed well and trimmed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, or sage) [optional]
- a squeeze of orange juice [optional]
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise. In a large mixing bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and scatter herbs overtop. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the carrots, and gently roll them around to coat. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and caramelised.
- Remove from oven and squeeze a little orange juice over. Toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.