Radish and Spinach Pasta Salad
May 9th, 2012 For additional recipe ideas, check our our website. Try Member Farmer Juliana's recipe for B aby Spinach and Pea Shoot Salad with Radishes or Roasted Bok Choy with Radish and Lemon (sub Broccoli for Bok Choy!). Adapted from Joy the Baker Serves 2-4 Ingredients:
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup slices radishes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced pickles
- 1 can tuna in water, drained OR 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup broccoli florets (raw or steamed for 3-5 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat elbow pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, vinegar and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook up pasta, drain and rinse in cool water. Chop radishes, green onions, pickles and broccoli. Drain and crumble tuna (or chickpeas).
- Toss together the pasta, tuna/chickpeas, vegetables and dressing. Taste and add salt if necessary. (This recipe is also delicious with small chunks of cheddar cheese.)
- When ready to serve, toss the spinach into the pasta salad and enjoy!