Herbed Scape Compound Butter
This recipe can easily be made vegan by substituting Earth Balance for the butter.
Yield: Makes 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Garlic Scapes
- 1 Stick of Butter (or 1/2 cup Earth Balance)
- 1 Handful of herbs
- Wax Paper
- Take 2 garlic scapes
- Chop them into 1 inch sections and throw into the food processor. Meanwhile, place your butter out on the counter to warm up to room temperature.
- Blend garlic scapes until finely chopped.
- Grab a handful of herbs, de-stem and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Transfer chopped scapes and herbs to a mixing bowl. Add the room temperature butter.
- Using a fork and/or spatula, incorporate the ingredients together.
- Turn butter out onto a piece of wax or parchment paper, like you would a sushi roll, and twist the ends so it looks like a piece of candy. Stick it into the fridge and let it set for a few hours.
- Slice into rounds and use on: steak, potatoes, toast (makes a quick garlic bread!), vegetables, corn... everything!