GrowTO: Urban Agriculture Speaker Series
September 21st, 2011 GrowTO: the What, How, Where & Why of Urban Agriculture Join local and international urban agriculture experts to explore and discuss ways to scale up local food production in Toronto. Fresh City's very own Production Manager, Damian Adjodha will be speaking at the first session! Session 1: What can we grow? New Crops and Marketing for a Multicultural City Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Location: Ryerson University Architecture Building, 325 Church Street "The Pit" Topic: Growing food for a multicultural city and market. Exploring world crops as an exciting opportunity for small-scale growers and processors in Toronto and other Ontario cities. Speakers
- Ahmed Bilal, Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, Vineland ON
- Bill Sciarappa, Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Monmouth County, NJ
- Margaret Zondo, Southern Horizons, McVean Farm, Brampton
- Damian Adjodha, Fresh City Farms, Toronto
- Moderator: Lorraine Johnson
Check it out online !