Gingery Sauteed Tatsoi with Tofu Steaks
February 15th, 2012 This simple recipe features sauteed tat soi that is bathed in a tangy, spicy ginger sauce and paired with tofu, though grilled white fish or sauteed shrimp work well too. It's delicious served atop jasmine or brown rice. Try adding shredded carrot, bean sprouts, or mushrooms for added nutrients and texture. (Recipe from Food Blogga ) Serves 2 Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into "steaks"
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 2 small bunches of tat-soi
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl whisk all ingredients from soy sauce through cayenne pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add tofu steaks; cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to skillet; add tat soi; once wilted, add sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook just until sauce slightly thickens.
- Divide greens on plates. Top with half of the tofu. Drizzle with remaining sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.