Fish Tacos with Sesame Ginger Slaw
Via Health Magazine | Serves 4
Light and zesty, these fish tacos are easily adaptable - sub with chicken or tofu, and use any brassica you have at home. Making the slaw with non-fat Greek yogurt keeps the dish lighter and cleaner than recipes that call for mayo. Add some thinly sliced raw bell peppers for added crunch and colour!
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek-style low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cups shredded raw Brasssicas (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale) mixed with shredded carrots, radish, or beets
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Spray fish with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine yogurt and next 5 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine dressing and coleslaw mix, tossing to coat.
- Place 2 ounces fish in each tortilla. Top with coleslaw (and bell peppers, if using).