Baby Spinach and Pea Shoot Salad
If you missed us at the Total Health show this past weekend, fear not, member farmer Juliana Salerno shared her recipe with us. Enjoy! This salad is really simple and quick to make and is refreshing, cleansing and nutrient dense. This salad provides an array of antioxidant nutrients and minerals. Enjoy it as is, or in a pita with a bit of hummus, or top it with goat cheese, chick peas, pecans or sunflowers seeds. Salad Ingredients
- Baby spinach, pre-washed or washed and dried
- Pea shoots
- 1 watermelon radish, julienned or grated
- 1 or 2 mini cucumbers, grated
- 1 or 2 handfuls heirloom tomatoes, halfed
- Chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Riesling vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare salad ingredients as above and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing in a small bowl or a jar, shake or whisk.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and toss. Sprinkle chives for garnish.