Recipes & More Recipe of the Week: Slow Roasted Garlic
Via The Lonely Bean
Roasted garlic emanates a sweet, nutty flavour rather than the usual harsh taste attributed to fresh garlic. It is simple to do, and can be a versatile addition to sauces and spreads. I roasted a head of garlic today and mixed it with thyme and cream cheese for a Tomato and Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Dressed Greens. Later I am going to use it for garlic bread.
Because I had access to this terra cotta gadget made specifically for roasted garlic, I used it. But you can roast garlic just as easily with a bit of foil and an oven proof ramekin.
- 1 Head of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop off the top of the garlic so all cloves are exposed.
- Peel off the outer layer of skin. Place in terra cotta dish and drizzle olive oil over top, sprinkle salt, pepper and thyme over the garlic.
- Cook in the oven, covered, at 300 for about 30 mins.
- Remove lid, drizzle a bit more olive oil over the cloves, and cook for another 45 minutes.
- When done, the cloves should slip right out.